Case dismissed against inspector charged with negligent homicide
A number of inspectors have shown an interest in the case of the Aspen inspector charged with negligent homicide because a family died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a residence he had inspected and have asked me about the outcome. The good news for the inspector is that the case was dismissed in November but without a finding as to whether he was immune from prosecution under the law. Instead the case was dismissed because the indictment failed to show that the matter occurred within the time set by the statute of limitations. The prosecution failed to plead the date of the deaths in the indictment. It was an odd ending to a very troubling case. The civil suits are still pending.